Belated holiday cheer
I had a party this year for the December solstice. I didn't want to get a tree, so I decorated the tripod that has been sitting in the corner of my dining room since I moved into the new house:
I gotta say I think it looks pretty festive. Click on the picture to see how it looks in the dark. I don't know how I'll be able to stand taking it down. I might just have to leave it up all year.
All I did was buy two strands of tinsel from the dollar store, borrow a string of red lights from Julie (thanks!) and place the Blessed Virgin Mary shrine my sister the mailman brought back from a trip to Mexico (here's a close-up of the shrine). So if you're looking next year for ways to avoid getting a tree, go out now and buy some tinsel and lights while they're half off, and then if you can find them next year, just decorate something that would otherwise be in the way. Easy, cheap, and excellent laughs.

2 comments:
A most cool tree! Love it!
Happy new year...and all that jazz.
hey thanks! I've been calling it the Solstice Tripod, but I think next year it will be called the Secularmas Tripod, which I'm ripping off from Fafnir at Fafblog! who said something about Secularmas in a post last year. I've been going through old posts to put all these handy labels on them (I've been wanting to do that like forever), and clicked through one of my many links to Fafblog! and got all tangled up reading their archives. My god that's a funny blog.
Thanks, poetryman, and happy new year etc. to you. I think this is going to be the best one ever. Of course I say that every year. I'm nearly always right, though, because they all are, in their way. And also always the worst one ever, lest you think I'm some kind of cheerful optimist.
Post a Comment