Chilling effects
Salon.com brings us Amanda's take on what happened to her and Melissa over at the Edwards campaign; Melissa has her say over at the Guardian. Check out the comments, too. The vitriolic sputtering from their detractors doesn't surprise me any more, but I'm a little irked with so-called progressive types who are accusing them of "caving in" too soon, and how they should have seen it coming. Some lame-ass thing about certain kitchens and the heat in them, etc. More than a few of these dudely dudes even dismiss the numerous threats of violence, much of it of a sexual nature, as just part of the price one has to pay for trying to play with the big dogs.
Or something. I'm not sure I follow.
And speaking of tip jars (as I was in my earlier post), I still don't have one, but both Amanda (at Pandagon) and Melissa (at Shakespeare's Sister) do have tip jars, and they could probably use your support.
Oh, and if you do go over to read Amanda's piece at salon.com and you're not a member, you'll have to watch a short ad. If you feel ripped off having to sit through that just for one article, you can always read Camille Paglia's piece about how wonderful it is that she's back writing at salon once again.
I hadn't noticed she was gone, to be honest.

No comments:
Post a Comment