archival copies of rambly writing about my personal life. may include foul or explicit language, or pictures of spiders.
These aren't the first ones I've seen, but I took this picture in my yard this morning. With the cellphone. Pretty, no?
It got up to about 60F today, with shiny sun and breezy breezes.
I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.
Posted by alphabitch at 2/28/2007 05:39:00 PM
Labels:
flora and/or fauna
5 comments:
Nice. We're supposed to get 20 inches of snow and 50 mile an hour winds over the next 2 days.
Hey, alpha. I stumbled onto your blog through vergelimbo, who is a neighbor of mine. Just wanted to say that it's nice to see another woman going carfree in the Camel City--and with a dog, no less!
And by the way, if you have any thoughts on local cab companies, do let me know! I had an unfortunate incident last month that left me stranded at Thruway for an hour while I waited for a cab with 60 lbs full of pet supplies. Not fun.
Anyway, happy spring!
hey megan -- thanks for stopping by! The dog, alas, is not mine; she belongs to my roommate.
I do have some thoughts on local cab companies. You can emailme-at-alphabitch-dot-org
I spent an hour and a half the other night at Harris Teeter and missed the first hour of a friend's 40th birthday party. The dispatcher kept telling me it would be ten or fifteen more minutes, and people I knew kept passing by & offering me rides. It was so embarrassing. I've only had to wait more than about 15 minutes on three or four occasions, though -- usually they show up right away.
When I tell my friends the story, they always say "you shoulda called me" but it always seems like it would take them longer to come & get me than it would to just wait for the cab. But not when it's a whole hour.
What a funny little orbit is this Winston-Slalom!
When I met Megan I experienced an alphabitch deja-voodoo. Now, via the magic of the bloggeist... Here she is!
But back to Spring having sprung:
My green thumb is twitching and my peat plugs are swelling with seeded anticipation. Soon, I will be digging...
"peat plugs swelling with seeded anticipation..."
oh my. call me. I need gardening advice.
Post a Comment